CSR Policy :
- To set aside a part of the time, effort and resources of Terumo Penpol Associates –every employee irrespective of cadre- in trying to improve the quality of life of the less privileged section of society .
CSR Objective :
- Giving TPL Associates the opportunity to involve in projects that will benefit the community in which we work and live – general and the underprivileged, in particular.
Promotion of Voluntary Blood Donation (VBD).
- Organizing voluntary blood donation drives in Schools, Colleges, Industries and business houses.
- TPL acts as a non-profit resource centre of blood, serving the needy through its Associates and other registered voluntary donors.
- TPL publishes a quarterly magazine “Blood Line ” highlighting VBD activities.
- An innovative concept, Club 25, promoted by WHO and adapted by TPL, aims to encourage College students in the age group of 18-25 to donate blood 25 times during this time span. Thus, the first Club 25 was established in India in 2007 under the aegis of TPL. Today, there are 11 such clubs and the movement is gaining momentum among College students.
- Various events organized to promote VBD include – National Blood Donation Day (Oct 1), World Blood Donor Day (Jun 14), bi-annual meeting of Club 25 units, Awards ceremony for Best Blood Donor, Best Donor Motivator, Best Club 25 Unit
- Promotion of Voluntary Blood Donation through media and leaflets.
Upgrading Local School Libraries and Science Labs
- Assisting the Government Lower Primary Schools of Vilappil Panchayat of Kerala, India - the home ground of TPL factory, to improve the learning infrastructure like Library and Science Labs.
- The other projects undertaken include upgrading of the school kitchen, building toilet facilities, new classrooms, establishing the school libraries, donating school uniforms and study material.
Quick Start Tennis for school children
- Quick Start Tennis, a pioneering effort in spotting tennis talent at a very young age was initiated for the first time in India in 2010 at Peyad Govt LP School in rural Kerala, based on a concept evolved in the United States.
- TPL has well defined safety policies and impresses upon all Associates to be aware of them for applying in work place, homes and public places.
- TPL implements 5S –a Japanese Concept that has wide applications in improving the work environment and productivity.
Support to needy in local Community
- Supporting the activities of Prathibha Poshini,an NGO that focuses on assisting bright children from poor families to scale great heights in education and career.
- Assisting physically challenged persons with artificial limbs and training by physiotherapist.